2011年4月24日星期日

Moleskine for iPad: Write at your own risk

Writing is what I do for a living, but also for enjoyment. So I was intrigued
when Moleskine for iPad popped up in Apple's App Store on April 15, 2011 (It's
available for iPhone, too). The Cheap Rosetta Stone Spanish
Moleskine notebook is the legendary journal of
great writers.

Moleskine uses Ernest Hemingway's in its marketing. He's not around to
complain or dispute the pocket journal's value to him as a writer. During
1920s, Hemingway frequented several Paris cafés where other artists also used
the journal to jot down thoughts, stories and sketches. Of course, this
mystique is all marketing now. Use Moleskine, too, and you can be a great
writer -- or at least feel part of the select community of artists.

I occasionally carry a Moleskine, not for feeling like Hemingway, but for
convenience. The size is just right for my pocket. I rarely put pen to paper,
but when I do it's to this journal. So, again, I was intrigued by the idea of
a Moleskine app that might offer the allure of the book with digital benefits.
My journal entry below captures the essence of my experience assessing
Moleskine for iPad's potential.

The app provides a "myThoughts" area for, well, your Cheap Rosetta Stone
thoughts. Moleskine
journals are sold with lined, graphed or plain paper -- all of which are
adjustable in the iPad app. Writers can assign categories to their thoughts,
which I see as archaic. Tags are more appropriate today and open up more
possibilities for exporting, sharing or syncing content. Writers can Cheap Rosetta Stone Arabic
map their
thoughts and also share them by email, Facebook and Twitter. That's as much
social networking as anyone should really need.

没有评论:

发表评论